Internal bleeding near the base of the penis.

Patient

Q: I am a 50 year old healthy male. I would consider myself in very good shape. I excercise daily and eat healthy. I have a very normal intimate relationship with my wife. On average we engage in intercourse twice a week. Reecently just after intercouse I noticed a dull pain on the left side of the pubic area near the base of the penis. (Not the penis). The next day I noticed some internal bleeding and the area was slightly swollen due, probably to the internal bleeding. I have always been athletic and so I just figured that a muscle or ligament near the base of the penis had been slightly damaged during intercourse. It has been two weeks and although there is no serious pain, the area remains slightly swollen. I also notice that there is more pain after my daily morning excercise. I do an advanced aerobic class every morning.
I do not generally go to the doctor, but my wife believes I should. So I thought I would send this question and see if you can provide any insights.
Thank you.

Doctor