IPV in pregnancy

Patient : Is it safe to have a Inactivated Polio Vaccine with 5 weeks pregnancy.
Doctor :   Although there are no reported adverse outcomes of use of the Inactivated polio vaccine in pregnancy, on theoretical gro unds there is always a risk. As pregnancy is a high risk state for poliomyelitis, if the pregnant woman is at risk of contracting infection, benefits of vaccination clearly outweigh the risks and vaccination would then be highly recommended. The risk factors for polio infection are travel to endemic areas, health care professionals dealing with infectious material or exposure to an infected person. Discuss your case scenario with your doctor and take an informed decision about the vaccination.