Iron deficiency Anemia

Patient

Q: I have iron deficiency anemia and the other day I passed out but my friends said it looked like I was having a seizure and now I'm having difficulty catching my breath and chest pains. What could be the problem?

Symptoms:  Shortness of breathe, fatigue, chest pains
Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

There is no link between Iron deficiency anemia and Seizures. If you think you had an episode of seizures, you need to see a neurologist. The Neurologist will do an EEG to rule out seizures.

Till then, please avoid bright lights, loud music and alcohol to prevent seizures. And see a Doctor as soon as possible.

Wishing you a quick recovery.