Iron deficiency anemia and Pregnancy,

Patient : Well iam 8 Months pregnant and my Blood level is 7 my doc gave me Iron injections to improve the blood levels and it did improve at that time couple of months back to 8 but now its again 7. As im into my 8th month of pregnancy will there be any problem? And why isnt my blood level increasing? I do take all kinds of food to improve the blood level, but still...
Doctor :   I realize how worried you are about low iron and Anemia. The most common cause of anemia is iron deficiency.  This can e easily be corrected by oral iron tablets.  Most doctors will often repeat the blood tests after 6-12 weeks of oral iron tablets to see if the anemia is improving. Since your iron levels have not been improving even with iron injections, I would suggest you to also have Vitamin B12 – Folic Acid level test to rule out another common type of anemia due to deficiency on these factors. I hope this helps, take care.