Iron overload or avidity?

Q: After a recent medical it was noted that my TIBC, UIBC (were low and my transferrin saturation was high (57%). I had the labs repeated one month later adding a ferritin test and on the newer results the TIBC and UIBC were lower, my serum iron was at top of normal (155) and my saturation was now at 67%. The ferritin was 38. Another ferritin test 3 weeks later was 41. Hemochromotosis, hemoglobin, RBC, MCV and reticular count are all in range. Liver panels are good.
My doctors office called and indicated that due to low iron levels I should take iron supplements. When I queried this as my levels seemed high I did not get an answer. Subsequent attempts for contact over a one month period have been unanswered.
I note that there is something called iron avidity but this appears to be mainly after phlebotomies which I have never had. I am reluctant to take a supplement without explanation as I know that excess iron can be harmful and my lab work does not seem to indicate iron deficiency.
I have read about hemochromatosis so am thinking a DNA test for those genes may be more warranted or am I completely missing something and should take supplements?
I am a 47 year old female in perimenopause.
I am struggling with what to do or where to go next especially as am new to the U.S. and don't have an established family doctor or any confidence in the one who is not communicating with me.

Symptoms:  Fatigue, memory and concentration difficulties, irritability