Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Irregular bleeding

Irregular bleeding

Patient: I had my period back on June 27th.. ended July 1st.. then on July 4th i started to bleed and spot again up untill Today July 15th….and now my full period started again. its early. what does that mean? i have a docs appt on the 20th.. and i took a pregnancy test and it was negative.. just thought maybe ask on here because mydoc is not available for another 5 days.

Doctor: I know how worried you might be about this irregular bleeding. Let me reassure you that this is a very common condition that might have been caused by many reasons such as sudden changes in diet, exercise, sudden weight loss, stress.Surely any condition that causes a hormonal imbalance can result in an irregular bleeding. This event should not alarm you, however if this happens in your next cycles, a more detailed evaluation and blood work to examine your hormone levels might be needed to rule out more complex conditions.