Irregular bleeding caused by Depo-Provera

Q: Three weeks ago I took the depo-provera contraceptive injection, It was injected on the third day of my period. My period stopped in the next 3 days. I was not sexually active for the next week after that and I had no signs of bleeding. However, I then became sexually active with my partner and I experienced bleeding. The bleeding only occurs while we are having sex, I may experience a few odd spots during the day, but it is very uncommon for that to happen. The only time I find the bleeding is once something has penetrated my vagina. This has been going on for about 2 weeks and I have started to become extremely worried. Please help me.

Symptoms:  Irregular vaginal bleeding, bleeding only during sexual intercourse or penetration

A:   Thank you for your query.

These are the side effects of the injection Depo – Provera which is a contraceptive advised for women who don’t wish to plan for a pregnancy for a long time. It is advisable to see your health care provider who will examine and then suggest suitable remedies.

Hope that answers your query.

Have a good day.

Guest: dear doc....

ive shot a depo vere last april 11 2014
and i had a mens 27 april to may 2 2014....
im waiting for my next period.. and now i have a spottings in 3 days now... is it also a side effects of depo shot???