Irregular period - one week after previous

Patient

Q: I have been taking Yasmin since September 2013 with no issues at all. I have stopped taking the pill this month at the end of the packet and had my period as usual. This is the first time I have completely stopped taking the pill at all and since I have felt pretty lousy.

I started my period on December 16th and have just started once again today (December 29th). My periods are usually monthly and I am very bloated. I am also suffering from tonsillitis (I get this regularly when stressed) so have been taking 8 250mg penicillin tablets daily for the past 3 days. I am also moving countries on Thursday and so I'm under a lot of stress as well as being very nervous.

Are all these contributing factors leading to this irregular period, or is there an underlying problem?

Doctor