Irregular periods ,was on OCP and now want to concieve

Patient : Hi There. I stoped my contraceptive pills on 23 February 2011. I am trying to conceive but the problem is that I used to take Jasmine so that I would have a normal menstrual cycle, but the moment I stopped it, my period does not come back. I Think I'm not ovulating. What can I do or what kind of medication can I use to get pregnant fast. Kind regards, Louise
Doctor :   Contraceptive pills do lead to anovulation and it may vary in women as to how soon the fertility is restored. However th is is usually as soon as or soon after the contraceptive pill is stopped. I would advice you to keep a watch. However if your periods are yet not restored ( which most likely will be the case since you were taking ocps to regularize your periods) then you need to go in for further testing to rule out conditions like PCOS, premature ovarian failure, thyroid issues etc which can lead to irregular periods and thus infertility. All the best.

Related Q&A

Q: In February I had a hysteroscopy on day 14 of my cycle where the gynaecologist discovered a large polyp hanging from ...

Q: My wife and I are both 44 years old. We previously did not want to have babies. However we are now thinking to have b...

Q: Is 300 total testosterone normal for a 30 year old male?

Q: As long as when I produce semen when I masturbate that means I can have kids. Correct?

Q: Would like to get a professional's advice on my blood work results. I'm mainly looking to find out if anything on her...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon