Irritated and itchy lips!

Patient : Hi, I recently had an allergic reaction to the PPD chemical in hair dye. All the symptoms have since stopped after taking medication, but I've suddenly had extremely itchy lips for the last few days. I've never had a problem with my lips before, as I usually apply vaseline on a daily basis and haven't changed the brand for a few years. However, I changed my lip balm to see if this would help and even tried simple petroleum jelly but none have helped. My diet hasn't changed yet and there doesn't seem to be specific foods affecting my lips, brushing my teeth also irritates them. I don't understand what else I could do!
Symptoms:  Itchy, irritated lips
Doctor :   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor. Irritated itchy lips usually result from use of some cosmetic over the lips. The c hemicals in cosmetics result in Allergic contact dermatitis leading to the symptoms like dryness, itch and discomfort. I usually advise my patients to apply moisturiser liberally. If it doesn't help, consideration is given to start tacrolimus 0.30 percent ointment over the affected area. Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you a prescription accordingly. You can share my opinion with him. I hope this helps. Take care.