Irritatinng painfull abscess

Patient

Q: I have abscess under my arm and on my inner thigh I am told that the only thing to do is use a heating pad! I really don't want to live with this the rest of my life I can't even wear tang tops. I am currently using hepa clense which is not working either My question is "Is there anything I can use to get rid of it?

Doctor

A:   I understand how concerned you are about your abscesses. Your doctor may drain a large boil or abscess by making a small incision. This relieves pain, speeds recovery and helps lessen scarring. Deep infections that can't be completely cleared may be covered with sterile gauze so that pus can continue to drain. If the infection recurs, your doctor might prescribe antibiotics. I wish you a prompt recovery.