Irritatinng painfull abscess

Patient : I have abscess under my arm and on my inner thigh I am told that the only thing to do is use a heating pad! I really don't want to live with this the rest of my life I can't even wear tang tops. I am currently using hepa clense which is not working either My question is "Is there anything I can use to get rid of it?
Doctor :   I understand how concerned you are about your abscesses. Your doctor may drain a large boil or abscess by making a small incision. This relieves pain, speeds recovery and helps lessen scarring. Deep infections that can't be completely cleared may be covered with sterile gauze so that pus can continue to drain. If the infection recurs, your doctor might prescribe antibiotics. I wish you a prompt recovery.

Related Q&A

Q: I have hyper acidity ... i had undergone with endoscopy in May 2015 BY Dr N H Banka, and he told me the stomach is da...

Q: ECHO was great ; concern over LV enlargement. report seems to be contradiction. can LV enlargement be reversed

Q: Help. My wife and I were having IVF treatment. I was told to administer Cetrotide in the morning. However, I accident...

Q: Hello Doctor, Trust you are doing great. I am from Bangalore and have been living here for the last 12 years. It ...

Q: Hy, doctor I am a medical student I recently seen a case in my village of anxiety, palpitation , mood swings and his ...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon