Is 6 weeks too soon to go white water rafting after a broken arm?

Q: Hi I hope I am asking this under the correct topic- if not sorry! I broke one of the bones in my lower arm, near to my wrist about a week ago and my doctor told me that he will remove the cast after 3 more weeks. My job has asked me if three weeks after this (the 20th of November) if I will be able to take part in a white water rafting trip. Will my arm be healed enough to cope with this kind of activity? I know that the muscles will perhaps be a little week bt will it be damaging? Thanks for you help! Eve Armstrong

A:   It normally takes approximately 6 weeks for such injuries to heal adequately. You are right to assume that the muscles in the forearm will be weak from lack of use. I would suggest a gradual transition back to your normal activities, as such white water rafting may be too rigorous so soon after recovery. Sorry!