Is a home pregnancy test possible to give a false negative on date of period?

Q: Hello there, i'm just wondering if first response home pregnancy test can give a false negative? my period should of started march 25th today. and there is no signs of that and my right boob hurts a lot almost like a bruised feeling, I took the test it came back negative and i have 3 children 7,4 and almost 2 and with the youngest none of the pregnancy test worked i had to do a blood test is it possible that my urine wont read on a home pregnancy test? please let me know what is possible thanks,