Is abortion at 16 weeks safe?

Q: Is it save to have an abortion at 16 weeks? Is the baby a baby at 16 weeks? In your option should I have the abortion at 16 weeks if I have doubts and I am scarred?

A:   I understand your concern. I would like to stress that usually the limit for a safe abortion is upto 16 weeks and no more. Moreover the abortion would have to be carried out by a procedure and not just medication as at 16 weeks the baby is pretty matured. Over 16 weeks abortions are usually allowed only for medical reasons. In my opinion if you are scared and have doubts about this pregnancy there are other people that you can talk to like a pychologist or a close friend, community resources etc and there are also other methods like adoption after delivery if that is something you would consider. I would advice you to sit down and talk and think about it . All the best.

Guest: I need to go for abortion after 16 weeks of pregnency.