Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Is Advil safe to take while breast feeding?

Is Advil safe to take while breast feeding?

Patient: Is Advil safe to take while breast feeding

Doctor: Hello, Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.Advil contains Ibuprofen and is considered safe in breast feeding as it is secreted in very small amount in milk.You just need to avoid the medicine in case you have Asthma, Peptic ulcers, Kidney dysfunction.So, an occasional consumption of Advil is not going to harm your baby.I hope it helps you.If you have any further query, you may please ask me.Stay Healthy.

Patient: Thank you! I actually do have asthma but it does not seem to be triggered by Advil. Is there something with the correlation of Advil and asthma that can be harmful to the baby during breastfeeding?
Thank you!

Doctor: Hi, If you are comfortable in Asthma while taking Advil, then yes, you can take Advil with no issues.
Good Luck.