Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Is Alzheimers possible at age 18?

Is Alzheimers possible at age 18?

Patient: Lately, I’ve been experiencing memory loss accompanied with headaches. I can’t recall what I was doing just few minutes ago. I even lost my phone, ID card and so forth. Yesterday, I forgot I was eating lunch and left the food somewhere. Is Alzheimer possible at 18?

Symptoms: memory loss

Doctor: You are suffering from amnesia, memory loss. Alzheimer disease is seen in old age and not seen at your age group. There are many other reasons associated with amnesia like lesion in temporal lobe of brain, few addictions, trauma, etc. A MRI scan of brain will be helpful to diagnose any physical lesions in brain. Few psychological conditions can also result in amnesia. You must be investigated in detail by a neurologist for further management.