Is an out of state ADHD psychiatrist diagnosis valid in California?

Patient

Q: I was diagnosed with ADHD and OCD by a licensed Psychiatrist in Hanover, New Hampshire. I have been prescribed Ritalin and Effexor since 2012. I am now living in Los Angeles and have attempted to get prescribed Ritalin by my Nurse Practitioner. However, the NP asked for proof of my diagnosis before she prescribed me my medication. When I provided her with the necessary information, including all my previous medical history with my NH Psychiatrist, she still refused to refill my medication. Is this legal? Is there some sort of California law that states I have to be diagnosed by a Psychiatrist IN California in order to get a Ritalin prescription filled here? Last I checked a diagnosis of ADHD by any licensed American Psychiatrist was valid all over the country. I understand that a NH Psychiatrist cannot prescribe me medication for California, but is his diagnosis invalid now as well? I can't afford to see a new Psychiatrist for a secondary evaluation and the NP's behavior is becoming troublesome.

Doctor