Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Is arm pain connected to miscarriage?

Is arm pain connected to miscarriage?

Patient: Hi. I am currently going through a miscarriage. I have mild cramping and small blood clots. The doctor confirmed i have nothing in my uterus today. i was 5 weeks pregnant. I have started getting a dull ache in the middle of my right arm. Its painful and feels like something is trapped. the pain goes round and under my shoulderblade. is this connected? the doctor asked me today about arm pain but ive only just started getting it.

Symptoms: Dull, achey pain in centre of right upper arm

Doctor: Hello,There is actually no connection between abortion and arm pain unless any signs of DVT were diagnosed earlier or probably you have been a thrombophilic patient earlier. It is suggested that you visit your physician for a local examination if it doesn’t subside in next 24 hrs with hot fomentation.Regards,