Is Augmentin625 + Aciloc RD 20 safe in pregnancy

Patient : Hi doctor my wife is pregnent and is in 6th month and doctor prescribed her Augmentin625+ Aciloc RD 20 because she having pain in right arm wrist and tlc level was increased.is there any side effact in pregnancy? Or its safe to take both medicines
Doctor :   Hello, Augmentin is a combination of amoxycillin and clavulonic acid so it should not be used in pregnancy unless prim arily indicated . If there is a wrist cellulitis then amoxycillin alone can be used for treatment as it is pregnancy safe or even azithromycin may be used for gm positive organisms but not the combination. Also aceloc to be avoided as it would cause a lot of gastritis and hence she may use just plain paracetamol 500mg tab , 2-3 times a day which is pregnancy safe and for pain relief. I hope i have answered your query in detail, wishing you good health, regards