Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Is Breakage of hymen necessary for pregnancy.

Is Breakage of hymen necessary for pregnancy.

Patient: Hi, i need to know how important is it to have a bleeding due to hymen breakage during first inter course. I have been married for one year and we have regular intercourse , protected as well as unprotected but I have not experienced bleeding till date.We are planning to have a baby in near future and i fear it might affect our planThanks //

Symptoms: No bleeding after intercourse

Doctor: Hello,If you have been having intercourse regularly then your hymen has already been ruptured and it is possible tha t your hymen was of lesser width and marginal which did not cause bleeding during the first intercourse. There is no problem in conceiving at all. regards