Is cold bath and temperature really help fever patient?

Patient

Q: Hello,

i am here to check with the professionals is extreme cool environment and cool bath really good for patient that suffering from fever?

My mum has confirmed with the infection of dengue fever, so she is hospitalized for the past few days. Been four days, her fever still remain between 37.X C - 38.X C.

Since her fever won't go down even with the application of medicine and drip the doctor start to turn the air con temperature down to 18, and having a towel immerse with ice cold water and put on her forehead, during the night now even suggest her for a cold bath.

With all these of treatment, her fever don't seems to go down but rise, my questions is isn't this worsen for the patient as she suffer from cold, and she can't even get some sleep ?

Symptoms:  fever
Doctor