Is consuming margarita bad for health?

Patient

Q: I am a 30 years old female with a very tight and hectic schedule. Due to the stress I started to consume one to two Margarita classes in every other day but, very much worried about my new habit. Is it ok to have one glass everyday or every other day and can it have a positive impact to my health and reduce the risks.

Doctor

A:   Having a glass of redwine 2-3 times per week is good for you. Having that much hard liquor on a daily or every other day basis is too much. There is no positive impact of drinking on your health. I would try and reduce this habit to 1 day a week if you do really do crave it.