Is contaceptives safe

Patient

Q: I had an unprotected sex during my ovulation cycle and I took postnor 2 immediately, the two tablet at a go. am I safe ?

Symptoms:  Feeling dizzy like vomiting after a day
Doctor

Emergency contraception pills to be taken within 72 hours preferably and not delayed beyond 120 hours after an intercourse, to prevent a pregnancy. Since you have done that rightly, it will prevent a pregnancy. However, it has a failure rate of 0.5 5, hence it does not rule out pregnancy chances completely. The vomiting and dizzy feeling is a side effect of the pill. Se a doctor if it gets very severe.

Hope this helped.