Is fasting okay while pregnant for Ramadan?

Patient : Is it ok for me to fast the month of Ramadan while I'm pregnant. I'm 16 weeks pregnant and fasting is from 3am until 10pm daily for 30 days.
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. If you are eating an adequately filling meal before and after fasting, that is balanced an d rich in nutrients, as well as rehydrating adequately it will be ok. Be sure that you do not have high risk pregnancy, gestational diabetes, or have had complications in the past. This will be a determinant in your decision to fast for this period of time. Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com