Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Is Gas or pregnancy or being paranoid ?

Is Gas or pregnancy or being paranoid ?

Patient: I heard that pre-cum can get you pregnant and its been about 5-to 6 months since that time. I have not missed my period and i took a pregnancy test and it came out negative. should i be worried?

Symptoms: Been really gassy and i’m not sure i im feeling my gas or not.

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Once you get your period that immediat ely rules out pregnancy. Since your exposure was 6 months before and you also got your period following exposure, you’re not pregnant.Regarding pre-cum, yes, some books do say that per-cum can cause pregnancy, but it has not been proved. So there are controversies regarding pre-cum. Pre-cum does not have enough viable sperm to cause pregnancy.Hope this was helpful,Regards.