Is Green tea an antioxidant

Q: How much helpful is green tea in removing toxins from body? Is green tea with sugar is harmful?

A:   Thank you for choosing ATD.

Green tea is a beverage that is rich in polyphenols and other powerful antioxidants that disarms some harmful chemicals in the body, and thus these substances can reduce the formation of free radicals in the body, protecting cells and molecules from damage. These free radicals are known to play a role in aging and all sorts of diseases. One of the more powerful compounds in green tea is the antioxidant Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCG), which has been studied to treat various diseases and may be one of the main reasons green tea has such powerful medicinal properties. Green tea also has small amounts of minerals that are important for health.

Green tea is believed to have many beneficial effects on the body, but strong scientific evidence is lacking for most indications. Since it is not harmful in moderate consumptions, a couple of cups per day may generally be recognised as safe.

Hope this helps.