Is hair curling at the ears and on the back

Patient

Q: Is hair curling at the ears and on the back of the neck a precursor to male pattern baldness?

http://www.wikihow.com/Know-if-You-Have-Male-Pattern-Baldness

I read it here. My hair used to be straight and now its curly. the link above states

"Check to see if you have curly hair. This does not happen to everyone who has male pattern baldness, but will occur in some people. Look at your hairline at your neck; you may see curly hair growing in this area. If you have always had straight hair, this could be a sign that you are developing male pattern baldness.
Some people may also grow curly hair around their ears. These curly hairs generally grow after the thinning of the hair on the crown and at the hairline has already begun."

Symptoms:  Curly hair.
Doctor