Is her low libido caused by hormone imbalances?

Q: Hi,

My wife struggles with a very low libido. We have sex about once a month and even then, I can tell she's doing it more for me than for her. For the rest of the month, she's basically frigid. We'll kiss each other to great and share a hug every now and again, but absolutely no passion.

She stopped taking the pill a year ago, as we suspected that this might be the cause. Since then, it has improved very slightly to where it is now (before, she didn't even feel like kissing or hugging). It is incredibly frustrating though, as it's been a year and it's nowhere near normal. It really affects our relationship as I end up doubting her feelings for me.

Could it be that her hormones have still not reverted back to normal yet? Will they ever? Or is her low libido most likely down to something else?