Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Is hydroxycut combined with caffeine pills safe to take?

Is hydroxycut combined with caffeine pills safe to take?

Patient: For the last 2 years I have been taking hydroxycut along with caffeine pills. I find it gives me a good boost before my workouts. Is it safe to take or are there long term health risks with this?

Doctor: Thank you for your question. One of the main ingredients in hydroxycut is caffeine. A single dose of hydroxycut contain s about 300-400mg of caffeine. It is not recommended to ingest more than 500-600mg of caffeine daily as this can cause nervousness, restlessness, irritability, insomnia, and increased heart rate. Depending on how much caffeine pills you take will determine what deleterious effects you are at risk of having. We recommend that you determine how much caffeine is there in single caffeine pill, and when you take this along with hydroxycut, it should not exceed 500-600mg of caffeine. This will keep you within a safe daily consumption of caffeine.We like to be clear that Askthedoctor.com does not support the claims made by any supplement not regulated and tested, and approved by the Food and Drug Administration.Thank you for choosing Askthedoctor.com