Is it a bladder infection

Patient

Q: My 10 year old daughter fell off her scooter today and has been complaining that her butt and back hurt and she hasn't been able to pee all day though she has the urge, is this a sign of a seriour injury or a sign of a bladder infection

Doctor

A:   Given the previous history of a traumatism, I strongly recommend that you take your daughter to the doctor for a clinical, imaging and lab evaluation, because either if those symptoms are caused by the fall or are the beginning of an UTI (urinary tract infection), she will need treatment.