Is it a sinus infection?

Q: Hello, I am not sure if I need to see a doctor, but i have been sneezing a lot. I have a scab in my nostril that won't go away because in my sleep I pick at it. my mucus is clear throughout the day but in the morning it is green/yellow and chunky. this morning my throat hurt too, but that went away throughout the day. No sign of headache or fever yet, but this has been going on for a solid week now.

Symptoms:  Sneezing, sinus pressure, dry nostril, sore throat

A:   Thank you for your question. It is possible that you have developed a sinus infection caused by bacteria. The recent change in the colour of your nasal mucous discharge is indicative of this. We do recommend that you see your doctor to be examined and start a course of antibiotics for about seven days to clear this infection up. Furthermore, we would like you have your doctor look at the scab within your nose that you have been picking at. You may need some topical cream to assist healing this. We do encourage you to refrain from picking at it as you can potentially cause and even worse infection by inoculating harmful bacteria into the area of the broken skin. Since this is in a highly vascular area of your face, infections can rapidly spread throughout the head and even to the brain. Please be guided accordingly.

Thank you for consulting