Is it an infection of the epididymis, or is it something else?

Patient : Back in June 2012, I did some heavy lifting one day and that night I felt a sharp pain for a moment in my testicle. The next morning my right Testicle was swollen. I could not see a doctor for three weeks because none where accepting new patients. When I did see the doctor he claimed it was an infection of the epididymis. I took the medication that he gave me for 7 days. It was starting to work I thought but then a couple nights later that pain came back and the swelling came back. I talked to him and said it just need to heal, and so i waited until late August. He gave me a longer prescription. again it seemed to work but it is now February 2013 and it is still swollen and so is the left, mildly. I consulted another doctor and he thought the same thing due to the symptoms. I was prescribe Bactrim. I have not really noticed any changes except a couple. One moment I am feeling more pain and it is more swollen than ever, the next, the swelling is down and no pain at all. Key points to bring to the table is that this happened in June of 2012, but I HAVE NOT HAD SEX since February of 2009 so I doubt it's an STD, unless a succubus sneaks into my house. The pain seems to be where the testicle meets the epididymis and then can be through a vein in my inner thigh. Any help would be very helpful and appreciated. I just want to get better.