Is it from a mood stabilizer?

Q: My doctor put me on a mood stabilizer a few days ago (I forgot the name) and I've been having sharp pains in my spine and hips (i'm only 16) is this normal?

Symptoms:  Pain in my hips and spine

A:   Thank you for your question. It is possible that you might be having an adverse reaction to the new medication that you were placed on. If you provided the name of the medication we could have given you more detail on its specific side effects. Your symptoms can be related to muscle spasms which can be caused by mood stabilizers. We recommend that you promptly return to your doctor and report these symptoms.This is the safest way to determine if you are having an adverse reaction. Please see your doctor immediately.

Thank you for consulting