Is it Gonorrhea I have

Patient

Q: Hi there,
I recently was intimate with a girl. We didn't have sex (just dry humping), though I did give her oral - however she did have her underwear and pants on while I was doing it.
This lasted about 1 minute. I am not sure if any of her secretions soaked through her pants.
I have, 2 and a half days later got a soar throat, and a few hours later nausea and fever like symptoms. Is it possible to have contracted Gonorrhea? Or is this more likely to be a virus?

Thank you.

Symptoms:  Sore throat, nausea, runny nose, fever
Doctor

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com
Gonorrhoea and Chlamydia which are both frequently contracted infections are transmitted sexually during unprotected intercourse. Since you did not have intercourse and even the oral sex was given when she had her underwear on, there is no way you could have gotten Gonorrhoea from her. Moreover in Gonorrhoea, the earliest symptom is that of discharge from the urethra.

The symptoms you are experiencing are more indicative of a viral infection. You seem to have an upper respiratory tract infection. I will advise you to consult your physician and start an antibiotic course as most such infections start as a viral but quickly progresses to a superadded bacterial infection. You need to do betadine and salt water gargling first, and if the symptoms still do not resolve, you should go ahead and start the antibiotic. A good choice antibiotic would be Cap. Augmentin which is a combination of Amoxicillin and Clavulanic Acid and has to be taken twice daily for 5-7 days. The recommended adult dose of Augmentin is 625 mg. It is a very good choice in such URTIs. Additionally, you can also take Levocetirizine once daily to relieve the congestion.

Hope this was helpful,
Feel free to discuss further,
Regards.

Patient: Thank you very much doctor. I appreciate your reply. Just one more follow up question. I understand Gonorrhea can spread through oral sex, giving infections in the throat. So is it the case that the STD cannot survive on clothes, even if a sex act is occuring (while the person was wearing underwear and pants as was the case with me).
Doctor: Hello,
Thank you for the follow-up.
There are very few cases where Gonorrhoea exclusively presents with sore throat. However, yes, it is possible in some isolated cases.

If you did it over her underwear you did not have direct contact with her fluids which is the main source of infection. Since there was no direct contact the infection can't be spread. This is definitely a viral infection.

Regards.