Is it harder for men to get STDs than it is for women?

Patient : Is it harder for men to get an std than it is for women?
Doctor :    No, the risk is the same is they, both men and women, keep incurring repeatedly in high risk sexual behaviors. Various research studies have shown that young adults tend to be at higher risk of having STDs including HIV infection, mainly through high risk activities such as: unprotected sexual intercourse (especially receptive anal), large number of sexual partners, previous or current STDs (Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, Syphilis, Genital Herpes), sharing intravenous drugs paraphernalia, blood transfusions (before 1985 in US), mucosal contact with infected blood or needle-stick injuries, persons who exchange sex for money and/or drugs.