September 21, 2018

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Is it Implantation bleeding or period

Is it Implantation bleeding or period

Patient: My period is two days late I usually have regular periods and in between irregular but for the past 6 mths i was regular I had a child two years ago

Symptoms: Light pink blood which got dark after two hours then got back light

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD,It is to be understood that a menstrual cycle of 23-35 days is considered norma l as per the medical books. So if your menses have been delayed this time only by 2 days then there is no real cause of worry as this may be due to various stressors during the month which can delay the menses by causing hormonal imbalances. It is suggested that you may maintain a menstrual calendar for next 3 months to understand the pattern of your menses and also incorporate stress busting techniques like yoga and meditation into your lifestyle which can help you have a tighter control over your dates.Regards