Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Is it just a urine infection or is this a sign of pregnancy?

Is it just a urine infection or is this a sign of pregnancy?

Patient: I have slept with my boyfriend everyday since sunday.. But for the past couple of days I have really bad pains when I need or go for a wee.. I dnt know weather its a sign of pregnancy or if its just a bladder infection… I am getting really scared and I realluy can’t handle the pain .. The pain is coausing me to scream when I am going for a wee and I feel like I need a big wee but only a little comes out… Please help.. Thankyou very much for reading this

Doctor: Your symptoms may likely be due to the presence of urine infection. You should visit your GP for treatment of this infec tion with antibiotics and may also need to get a urine test for the analysis of the extent of the infection. Increased intake of fluids would help flush out the infection from your system.Your symptoms may likely be due to the urine infection. You should visit your GP for treatment of this infection with antibiotics and may also need to get a urine test for the analysis of the extent of the infection. Increased intake of fluids would help flush out the infection from your system.