IS IT JUST HER PERIOD OR IS SHE PREGNANT?

Patient

Q: So my girlfriend and I have started to have sex. We always use a condom, and I have never cummed inside of her. I always pulled out when I felt the need to cum.
I know that condoms are not 100% effective and so my question is:

About 3 days ago, she started spotting. At first she thought that it was nothing and maybe a sign that her period is coming, because she has an irregular period so it is hard to tell if she is about to get one.
.... But I have read that spotting is also a sign of pregnancy, and its called implantation bleeding.

As of right now, she does not know if its her period because it is light, it comes on and off, and the blood color is brownish red (mostly brown). Sometimes she notices it but other times she only notices it when she wipes.
Her breasts are not sore, she only had mild cramping and that lasted a couple hours, and She says shes been feeling hormonal (mood swings - irritated a lot) .

We are very confused if this spotting is nothing, and is just a sign of her period that is to come. Or if this is a sign of pregnancy.
It is hard to tell because her period is irregular.
(Side Note) She's using this period tracker that says her period is suppose to come in soon, like next week.... so We can not really tell if right now this spotting is her period that just came early.

Another thing to note is that, she said that this has happened before. In the past couple of months She has experienced this light spotting only twice and claims to be having the same symptoms as right now, maybe some differences. BUT that was when she never had sex before.

So is this spotting a sign that she is having her period or she is pregnant?

We have not taken a pregnancy test yet.

Symptoms:  No sore breasts.
Mood swings - easily irritated
Mild Cramping only lasted a couple hours on second day. No Cramps since.
Blood is brownish color.
Doctor