Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Is it Legal to Buy Vitamin B 12 Injections Online?

Is it Legal to Buy Vitamin B 12 Injections Online?

Patient: Hi I have a question regarding vitamin B-12 injections. I recently found a website called trim nutrition.com that is selling vitamin b-12 injection kits. No Rx required. First off, is this legal? I contacted them and they said the products come from an FDA approved pharmaceutical wholesaler. They also said “These are water soluble vitamins only. You do not need to have blood work to track these vitamins as the body can regulate and dispose of after tissue saturation. If you will have any issues with self injection you should consider receiving your injections at a clinic. We are certified with the Better Business Bureau and have several doctor affiliated offices around the country.” Second, if this is legal, they are recommending a 1000 mcg per ml injection of Cyanocobalamin once a week… Would this amount be safe or cause any unwanted side effects? Thank you very much for your time.

Doctor: There may not be any restriction on the sale of vitamin B 12 injections in some parts of the world and buying these inje ctions should be fine as long as these injections are legally available for sale without an RX in your area. Please note that the website has listed in their terms and conditions that they are not responsible for any side effects incurred due to the use of any tips or products on their website.Dosage of vitamin B injections is dependant on the underlying condition it is being used for, but for most part they remain safe due to their water soluble nature.There may not be any restriction on the sale of vitamin B 12 injections in some parts of the world and buying these injections should be fine as long as these injections are legally available for sale without an RX in your area. Please note that the website has listed in their terms and conditions that they are not responsible for any side effects incurred due to the use of any tips or products on their website.Dosage of vitamin B injections is dependant on the underlying condition it is being used for, but for most part they remain safe due to their water soluble natur