Is it necessary to take plan B contraceptives?

Patient

Q: Hi,
I am married and have been using oral contraceptives. I am using yaz for 3 months now (previously used Alaina) and I have not skipped any pills and tak the pill at the same time each day. As we are not planning a pregnancy now, we also make use of condoms. I am currently on the placebo pills in my yaz pack, and last night the condom came off during intercourse. Is there a high risk of pregnancy? Should I be worried?

Symptoms:  None
Doctor

If you have been regular with your pills and have not missed your pills at all, then you stand protected even if the condom has pulled out and there has been an ejaculate smear over the vagina. The yaz prevents ovulation during the month if continued regularly, and hence in absence of ovulation even if the sperm is ejaculated , there is no ovum to fertilize and no pregnancy shall ensue.
It is suggested that as you are on your placebo pills now, to wait for your menses to resume and not to worry about pregnancy.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
wishing you good health,
regards