Is It normal for my hair to be falling out more than usual ?

Patient

Q: My hair is falling out more than usual I need to know why?

(Just to let you know health wise I Do have a thyroid problem. I keep thinking that It might be that but I do take medication for that. The last visit to my doctor she has told me that my level was fine so I can stop taking one of the medication called Metformin . Ever since I stop taking it my hair started falling as in taking showers when comb my hair with my hand I get more hair than normal. Then I notice at the end of my hair has those small white bulbs, My mom says its normal that my hair might be just shedding and taking its normal course, but I'm not so sure because of my thyroid and just to let you know with more info, I take my vitamins of biotin daily and eat right and when I wash my hair Its every other day. I drink plenty of water as well and my Iron levels are normal

Symptoms:  None
Doctor