Is it normal for person with heart murmur to experience

Patient : Is it normal for person with heart murmur to experience a feeling of swelling of the heart, and that heart beat so hard you lose your breath, all physical, feeling, stops and loss of breath
Doctor :   Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you. A person with heart murmur if develops these symptoms, we need t o evaluate him for heart failure. Now, this is important to rule out Rheumatic heart disease, that could have caused these symptoms. However, in a patient who has diabetes and hypertension, following causes should be ruled out in case of Bilateral swelling of foot: 1. Congestive heart failure. 2. Hypothyroidism 3. Proteinuria due to kidney dysfunction. 4. Drugs like Amlodipine causing swelling over feet. 5. Anemia I would advise you following investigations: 1. Hemogram 2. Kidney function tests 3. Urine for Microalbumin 4. Thyroid profile. 5. ECG, If abnormal ECHO. You will be treated according to the issue found. I hope it helps. Stay Healthy