Is it normal to bleed after sexual intercourse 3 months

Patient : Is it normal to bleed after sexual intercourse 3 months after child birth and your partner is " large"?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. After a delivery the lady may have lactational amenorrhoea for about 3-4 months, even 6 months depending on the frequency of her breastfeeding practices, but most women resume their menses in 3-4 months post delivery. Hence in your case if the bleeding associated with intercourse and if it was painful then likely cervical erosions may be a possible cause or just that the intercourse may have incited your menses. It is suggested that you may get a per speculum examination done by your Physician to rule out cervical erosions or ectopy which is quite common in the post-partum period. If the bleeding is in excess and uncontrolled for days then you may opt for antifibrinolytic like tranexamic acid for stopping and reducing the flow and keeping it under control. I hope I have answered your query in detail. Wishing you good health. Regards