Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Is it normal to have a light pink gooey discharge?

Is it normal to have a light pink gooey discharge?

Patient: Is it normal to have a light pink gooey discharge?Two days ago i had sex with my boyfriend and i bled… Today my boyfriend touched/rubbed my vagina, and minutes later i have a light pink gooey discharge.. We then have sex and the discharge is still there… I see no signs of pregnancy because when we don’t use condom he knows when to pull out.. I see no signs of disease because nor him or I are diagnosed with anything.

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Intermenstrual spotting, pink discharge etc can be seen due to causes like during ovulation or in other days due to gonadal hormonal imbalance, side effects of the hormonal contraceptive methods, pelvic inflammatory disease presenting with cervical erosion, cervical polyp, post coital bleeding, in case of pregnancy implantation bleeding etc.By clinical examination and investigations like ultrasound, gonadal hormonal profile etc the possible cause of the problem can be identified.So, if the pink discharge or spotting persists or repeats better to consult your doctor once and get examined.Take care.