Is it normal to have almost no blood pulse at

Patient

Q: Is it normal to have almost no blood pulse at the right side of my neck? And a good and strong blood pulse on left side

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

It is not at all normal to have no pulsation on one side of the neck and the normal on the other side.
The probable causes are:
- A mass overlying the pulse / Artery, thus masking pulsations.
- Aberrant course of the artery as seen in a few people.
- closure of the arterial lumen by a clot or tumor or a plaque.

This can be diagnosed by ultrasonography with color doppler and CT or MRI angiography.
Clinical evaluation, physical examination will help in confirming the diagnosis and give a plan for a proper treatment.

I hope this answer helps you.