Is it normal to have almost no blood pulse at

Patient : Is it normal to have almost no blood pulse at the right side of my neck? And a good and strong blood pulse on left side
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query. It is not at all normal to have no pulsation on one side of the neck and the normal on th e other side. The probable causes are: - A mass overlying the pulse / Artery, thus masking pulsations. - Aberrant course of the artery as seen in a few people. - closure of the arterial lumen by a clot or tumor or a plaque. This can be diagnosed by ultrasonography with color doppler and CT or MRI angiography. Clinical evaluation, physical examination will help in confirming the diagnosis and give a plan for a proper treatment. I hope this answer helps you.