Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Is it normal to have almost no blood pulse at

Is it normal to have almost no blood pulse at

Patient: Is it normal to have almost no blood pulse at the right side of my neck? And a good and strong blood pulse on left side

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.It is not at all normal to have no pulsation on one side of the neck and the normal on th e other side.The probable causes are:- A mass overlying the pulse / Artery, thus masking pulsations.- Aberrant course of the artery as seen in a few people.- closure of the arterial lumen by a clot or tumor or a plaque.This can be diagnosed by ultrasonography with color doppler and CT or MRI angiography.Clinical evaluation, physical examination will help in confirming the diagnosis and give a plan for a proper treatment.I hope this answer helps you.