Is it normal to have brown discharge for 5 days

Q: Is it normal to have brown discharge for 5 days after finishing antibiotic for uti? Today it has a sulphur smell to it. Nothing itches or hurts. I haven't had a period in 3.5 years as I have Mirena.

A:   Hi,

Antibiotics may not themselves responsible for brown discharge.
But recent illness like UTI can alter the hormonal levels and can affect the efficacy of Mirena.
So, if the brown discharge persists, better to consult your doctor once and get evaluated to find out the possible cause and take treatment accordingly.
In case of hormonal imbalance, additional dose of hormones can help in decreasing brown discharge.

Take care