Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Is it normal to have cramps AFTER your period? I

Is it normal to have cramps AFTER your period? I

Patient: Is it normal to have cramps AFTER your period? I got over my period 5 days ago. I’m fertile right now

Symptoms: Cramps. emotional. Not feeling right.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Cramps after period could be an indication of ovulation that is soon to happen. Howeve r, the cramps will subside in a few days after ovulation. In case they do not subside, you will have to see a gynecologist for an examination and investigations to rule out other conditions like ovarian cyst, endometriosis, pelvic inflammatory disease, etc. Drink plenty of water and avoid constipation.Hope this helped.Regards