Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Is it normal to have loss of appetite for a week or more?

Is it normal to have loss of appetite for a week or more?

Patient: I’m not sure if this is a medical issue or what but I just would like to know if it is normal to loose my appetite when my crush/boyfriend is around?

Symptoms: Loss of appetite

Doctor: No one can authoritatively state as to what constitutes normal and abnormal when it comes to the emotional matters of th e heart and mind. If at all, I can certainly say that it is not an illness and most likely just that your mind is distracted from the typical hunger signals of your body.You will surely out-grow this phase as you grow older. For now, just go with the flow as long as the loss of appetite doesn’t cause significant weight loss or health problems