Is it normal to need to urine frequently around your period every month while on birth control?

Patient

Q: For as long as I can remember, every month 1 to2 days before my period I suddenly have to urinate so much. It will be almost every 30 to 50 minutes and this will last all day up until the first or second day of the start of my period. It's not like it is just the urge either, I actually pee a lot each time. And I always wonder where all this urine is coming from if I'm not drinking much? But anyway, I know it is not a uti or some bladder infection because I've already experienced 3 before and they are completely different. This causes me no pain, and usually it's the urge 24 7, but for me now after I pee it goes away and then I actually need to urinate like 30 minutes later again. It's very different between the two. But here is the real question: I've been on birth control for the pass 6 months, and I'm still getting use to it. But one thing that has recently changed, every month before my period instead of 1-2 days, I have the urge to urinate just as before but it will be 10-7 before my period. And usually gets worse in the leading days up to my period and stops once my period comes. Kinda like pms. I use to be able to handle 1-2 days before but now it's a whole week before and it's annoying and uncomfortable! It's ever since I've been on birth control too, is it giving me more water retention or something? What might be the cause? Or do I need to change my brand of birth control? Or is it something else? I just want to know if this is normal.

Doctor