Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Is it ok to take calcium 500 daily for muscle

Is it ok to take calcium 500 daily for muscle

Patient: Is it ok to take calcium 500 daily for muscle building(as i used to workout 4 times a week) even though my calcium intake might already be enough in my diet? And also is it ok to take omega 3 capsules daily along with calcium 500?

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.You do not need to worry. You can take the calcium and omega 3 fatty acids 3 to 4 hours apart to reduce the chances of a interaction. This will help you to prevent any side effects. The dose of calcium you are taking is correct and does not need changing.Hope this helps you. All the best with body building.